Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Ashley's DWI


4 years ago today the beginning of the end began – That was me, Ashley, that they were trying to get out of that car.


When I woke up that morning on March 13, 2009, my intention was not what is pictured above. I never thought this would happen. With a mixture of alcohol, amphetamines and benzodiazepines, I bounced from bar to bar. In a blacked out state, I left one bar and proceeded to drive home. I did not make it. The other car involved contained 3 passengers all of whom made it out alive. I wonder often how they are.


All of you who helped save my life that day, I am forever grateful. I would love to name you all, yet I know not who some of you are. Those that I do know, may you too, know my gratitude. I woke today with a peace of a different kind. Sober. In tune to my wreckage and also with the changes that have taken place along the way. I would love to say that I had my last drink on this day, but I did not. This event merely opened my eyes and allowed me to see, to realize and begin to face the path that I am now on.


No matter how hard I tried not to drink and drive, I would. So many people told me to not to and to drink responsibly. I just couldn’t and I know today that I cannot. I shutter as I type these words, for it is still painful and will probably always be….


Today is a new day, March 13, 2013 – In reflection and awe….and confidence I can say to you, that I am an alcoholic who has not had a drink since June 7, 2009.


If you are trying not to pick up that drink today, you don’t have to – there is another way!


Ashley shares how addiction took over her life, but now she now has her life back. Watch Ashley video now- https://www.thewatershed.com/video/for-those-you-love/


No comments:

Post a Comment